Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Feeling like you want to escape Christmas?

What are you doing this Christmas? 

Christmas is once again upon us.  Stores were starting to sell Christmas on November 1st already. Yet, it made me sigh and feel like "here we go again" another roller coaster ride.  I have had this feeling since 2011-2012 when my father passed away.  Yet, you try to make it exciting and do what you can for the kids.  Because that is what and who it is really about anyway, right?

So, on Saturday, my sister and her family came over and we put up the christmas tree and made ninja turtle ornaments.  It was a simple activity but the kids loved it.  While Sonja slept, Markus and Tristan went outside and build a snowman.  However, the next day, all the snow was gone and so was there snowman.  It was short lived.  But, it was great for the kids to go outside, feel the cold on their faces and get some fresh air. It also got the kids excited for Christmas.  Admittedly, it put a smile on my face and warmed my heart.  This is what Christmas is about: Family.  Not presents or how many gifts you get. Here are some pictures:








This year, we have decided to go to Myrtle Beach with my in laws, the Grandparents.  Usually, we celebrate Christmas with them before and on the 24th of December, the leave for their vacation every year.  So, we will celebrate Christmas with my sister and her family on December 6th, they will have a sleep over.  We have decided to limit the gifts to three gifts per child.  I have already gone over that for Sonja.  But, there are a lot of cute girl stuff in the stores.  But, I will keep a few for her Birthday in March and then I will not have to do Birthday shopping then.  I think it is a good idea because young children do not need much for Christmas and the amount of gifts you give your kids is not a reflection of how much you love them.  Some kids have huge families and may get more, some families compensate because they have a very small family and so they get more gifts and some families can't afford it at all.  I feel blessed that we can afford it and this year I have compiled a bunch of my kids old toys and I will have my son wrap it and give it to children who need it.  That is my son's gift.  

Seeing as how people are getting excited for Christmas already at the beginning of November, I wonder what are you doing for Christmas and how will you make it special and at the same time not stressful?

No comments:

Post a Comment